Tire wear

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire wear
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:04:50 -0400

Message text written by "PAUL TIBBALS"

"p.p.s.  Let's say you're working course, and a car takes out / carries off
the
final cone in a slalom AND the pointer cone so that the workers cannot
safely
replace them before the next driver comes.  Should the course workers red
flag
the following car and give them a re-run, or should the car be allowed to
benefit from the missing slalom and turn in the best time in STS? "

You have already provided the answer.

We had a great number of new people last Sunday and most of the time
newbies are reluctant to make such a move. There were something like 30 new
names in the results.

As for wear on the right front tire. That is always the case. People feel
far more comfortable making left-hand turns because they--usually--sit on
the left side of their vehicle.  And I'm writing here of normal everyday
use.
        With all that time at Thunderhill with its predominatly left-hand
turns, did you consider that as a factor in your tire wear situation?

--John Kelly