Re: Sunday's course

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunday's course
From: Mark L <markcbr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:46:25 -0700 (PDT)
Reply to Paul Tibbals.

Ok, here's the scenario.  First run, I spin.  Didn't get to walk the course and
the last cone in the first slalom caught me off guard.  Second run, the
previous car took out the last slalom cone and pointer.  I slowed down in
anticipation of the last slalom cone and hesitated when I didn't see it.  I saw
the course worker backing away with 2 cones in his hands so I was aware that
the slalom cone was missing and decided it was to my advantage that the course
was faster and punched it.  Doubt if I had much advantage at all because I was
already slowed down.  In fact, I was so out of my "zone", I blew the next
corner.

So what's the ruling on this?  I was under the impression that it was the
driver's choice whether or not to stop for the downed/missing cones.  Is this
stated in the rule book somewhere?  I need to break out the book and take a
look.

Mark Lin
91 STS

PS.  Rus, great job on Sunday!  I was out on course when your ran and you
looked fast out there.  Congrats on the first place PAX.