Re: [Bmcu] Suggestions for rolling restoration

To: Bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Suggestions for rolling restoration
From: Andrew Lindeman <andrew.lindeman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:07:53 -0600
I bought my Spitfire for $1500 when I was 20.  I would say that it was
absolutely worth it.  The cars are cheap to buy, simple to work on,
and parts are available.  I had never picked up a wrench before, but
it was the perfect car to cut my teeth on.  You should be able to pick
up a solid Spitfire in that price range.  They have more leg room than
the MG Midget, and they are easier to work on (As the entire front end
of the Triumph swings away).  Of course, any of the small British cars
are easy to work on and cheap, so which ever one he likes best would
be perfect.  I'm pretty sure the Jensen Healey can be had for this
price range too, if he wanted an LBC that was a little more off the
beaten path.

Andy L.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive