Re: [Bmcu] Suggestions for rolling restoration

To: Bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Suggestions for rolling restoration
From: Aaron Sphar <atsphar@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:47:50 -0700 (PDT)
I think you can find a decent driver for $2500-3000 in a B.

Several things to consider:
How much auto work has he done in the past? If he has done significant work on
cars, including electrical troubleshooting, then a rolling restoration is more
feasable than if this is his first project.

Will he have access to a garage? When I was in the Navy I had a '66 Ford
Falcon but the house I was renting did not have covered parking. Not so good 9
months out of the year when it rains everyday in the northwest. Snow is even
worse.

Where is he going to college? I havn't spent significant time in a little,
rear wheel drive, convertible in the snow, but I imagine it is not fun.

Aside from the MG I am a Ford man. I think the 97-2001 Escorts and the Focus
are great cars, great in the snow with decent tires and are in that price
range. My wife won't let me get rid of our '98 Escort.

Aaron Sphar
atsphar@yahoo.com
(801) 941-0926