VIN 1758 - Stolen but RECOVERED =)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: VIN 1758 - Stolen but RECOVERED =)
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 00:59:59 -0500 (EST)
That's right, folks!
VIN 1758 is back in da hands of its rightful owner (me).  No apparent damage
or loss either.  The doors are STILL not working =(

I emptied the cylinder for the drivers side door and proceeded to try an
expiriment.
The hydraulic lines are 1/4".  I also have a couple 3/8" sleeves of tubing.

While holding the cylinder in my hand outside the car, I tried to extend the
strut inside and did so without any problem.  Then I tried pushing it back
down into da cylinder...no problem.

Then I extended the strut again and plugged the bottom port with my thumb
before trying to push the strut back inside.  The strut showed a good amount
of resistance, but did better with the upper port plugged.

Next I tried extending the strut with the bottom port plugged, then repeated
the test with the top port.

THEORY: with both ports open and the strut installed in da car, I can open da
door.
If I plug the top port the cylinder should hold the door up until I unplug
it.
If I plug either port I should not be able to open the door.

I rigged a setup using the flare fittings, hoses, and a relief valve to test
my theory, and it FAILED!!!  I have yet to try my theory under the exact same
conditions with which I tested the strut, which might make a difference if
theres an air leak I missed.
Please note that this is the factory hydraulic cylinder, as I do not have the
air doors installed.

Also, I need the following parts:
The brackets on the doors which attatch to the cylinder.

The piece that the primary latch clips onto.  This piece is a "looped" piece
of metal with a flat part on the bottom.

The drivers side window glass.

New Cylinders for da doors.

cost on these parts and where I can get them would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, what in da world makes da air door upgrade cost $600?
Is it the air compressor?  How much does a 125 psi 12 volt air compressor
cost anyway?

Any Brick meets in da western USA next year?  Kentucky seems quite far to
drive...
Thanks,
Riley

All U guys who have parts i am looking for please email me.