Re: Shock tower support/brace

To: Jim Isbell <JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Shock tower support/brace
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:40:15 -0600
I see your point about the battery cut out and I agree about the fuel
cell.  Plan X for my #678 includes swapping in a fuel cell and adding a
fire supression system.  Given the potential problems of getting out
quickly it is something I would feel much better having.

Once your down to the bare frame, installing a metal partition between
the cell and the driver's compartment shouldn't be too difficult and
could be used to add more torsional rigidity to the frame.

Once anyone gets exemptions or clearances from a racing sanctioning
body, they should notify the group, especially John Blair.  That
information would be very useful to those of us who might want to race
the car.  In fact a racing sub group might form similar to the vintage
AMC racing group on the net.

Right now, I don't know too much about the possible racing classes or
events that are available for Bricklin's, but rallying appeals to me
personally.

George Schiro