Re: New member

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New member
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:01:13 -0500
At 09:55 PM 12/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi to everyone.  I just found your site and signed up.. I am on a few
>other web lists, and I have a question.  Is there a list archive or
>format where one cvan browse through all the previous posts?  Is the only
>way to get these posts one at a time, or can they be sent in digest mode,
>or veiwed on a web page?

The back copies of the post ARE archived and can be downloaded.  You will
have to do some poking around on SOL server to find out where.  I've only
done it once and don't remember.  A starting address would be:
http://www.team.net  then look for anything about archives.

The Bricklin mailing list is a "realtime" list.  I don't think there is a
digest available.  However, the webmaster might jump in here and correct
me if I'm wrong.

>I do not own any Bricklins at this time, but I have owned a Suntan 74
>(#323, which is my birthday, 3/23), and two white 75s (#888 or 889, and
>#15xx-will have to look them up). The first 75 I owned is currently
>sitting in a junkyard after being totally consumed in a fire-all that is
>left of use would be the frame assy.

Sorry to hear the story of your first Brick.  How much does the junk yard
want for the hulk and where is it.  If nothing else, I'd suggest that
you get the steel door frames.  The chassis and birdcage would also be
worth getting and keeping.  These parts are very plentiful.  So I really
hate to see them go to a schreader.  Someone will need them eventually.
I know it's a pain trying to store them, but....

I'd also appreciate it if you could find the VIN numbers of both the one
in the junk yard (888 or 889) and the 15xx number simply to try and
account for the cars.  Mine is 887!

Do you plan on getting another Brick?

I also maintain a list of people on the net with Bricks or that are
interested in them.  If you don't mind, would you give me your name,
address, and phone #. (Reply privately).  This is for my personal records
and the information is not given out.

>I have had a number of AMC cars in the past, and currently own a number
>of AMXs.  Perhaps I can offer some help on the AMC related components of
>the Bricklin.

Glad to have you onboard Thomas and hopefully you can add some good AMC
info. to the discussions.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire