Air Injection Thing

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Injection Thing
From: GLCurley <GLCurley@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:25:07 EST
The thing is also called a smog pump.  ABSOLUTELY DO NOT THROW IT AND THE
BRACKET AWAY.  Norm Canfield has written several insightful articles in the
Brickline about current and possible future regulations on collector cars.
The original emissions stuff is likely to become a requirement, at least in
many areas, and apparently it is actually getting rare.  As a rule, it is a
smart idea to keep any original parts you take off the car.  I am a packrat
and  take that to extreme and have even kept my old motorcraft carb and blown
out air conditioner compressor.  The Holley 600 does make a big difference and
was cheaper than rebuilding the original piece of junk.  I did not replace the
original intake partly because there was no need to change it and partly for
originality.  As for carpets, there are other colors in kits, I think Bob has
them, and possibly Terry.  I need a couple sets myself.
George Curley #220, 489, 670