Ever re-gled the windows?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Ever re-gled the windows?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 10:55:57 PST
I tried twice.  Both times the windows just kind of burped out after I
installed them and put some load on the joints.  I have the new and
improved Tanner channels, the cork, rubber, felt lining, and the special
Tanner glue.  I could not get the adhesive to stick to the metal
channel, really it did not even exhibit the attributes of real adhesion.
It was almost like using the wrong glue on the wrong surface.  By the
way, I completely cleaned the windows and wire brushed the channels.
The window (glass) adhesion seems okay.

Does anyone see any issue with taking the windows and channels to a
local place and having them glue them?  I can't imagine that the
cork-rubber lining is unique to Tanner and the glue should be standard.
What do you think? Kim