Re: Ever re-gled the windows?

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ever re-gled the windows?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:14:39 -0500
What glue did you use? After wire brushing, the surfaces need to be
cleaned with 3M Adhesive Cleaner 08984 or equal. FWIW, in '80 I
rebonded both my windows using 3M 051135-08640 Channel Bonding
Adhesive and just followed instructions. This is a highly flexible,
fast curing, two part epoxy. Whatever glue you use, I would bond
them together while assembled in the door. Mine were originally
bonded 'parallel' as if they had been clamped and glued on a flat
jig. In the door, the glass is angled in relation to the channel.
When rebonded they no longer were hard to roll up/down.

GM