Re: Bricklin disclosure form

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bricklin disclosure form
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:59:33 -0500
At 11:33 AM 3/21/98 PST, K M wrote:
>Doors:
>        The doors are air operated and should open and close easily by
>pressing the switches.  The doors can be left open if needed, but may
>slowly close if left open for extended periods of time. Care must be
>taken with the interior door switches to prevent accidental operation of
>the door(s).

Kim, there are still quite a few cars with the original hydrolic doors.
I would rephrase to include the hydrolic one.  If the car has hydrolic
doors, the car SHOULD NOT BE MOVED IN ANY FASSION with the doors open.
This will cause the doors to bend at the lifting point and or break.

>If the lock switch is not activated, the door(s) will open
>or close regardless of whether the car is moving.

Air doors open & close in about 2 seconds.
Hydrolic doors take about 9 seconds.

>Most repair is straightforward and there are answers available for any
>repair issue that you may run into.

You might want to give them the phone numbers for the following people
so they don't have to wait to contact the owner:

John T. Blair - (757) 495-8229 - hobbiest, body off restoration, VP Pub. BI.

Terry Tanner - (540) 586-9761 - On origin design team, professional
restorer of Bricklins. Chief Judge for BI

Bob Hoffman - (810) 229-5302 - professional restorer of Bricklins

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V