Finally got my window to work -- for free

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Finally got my window to work -- for free
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:52:25 PST
I had a very pleasant experience at National Glass on South Van Ness in
San Francisco.  I was having considerable problems using the "new"
Tanner window system that consists of a channel, some cork and felt, and
some glue.  I glued it, installed it, and it pulled out of the new
channel.  I reglued it and the same thing happened.  I redid it with RTV
silicone with the same result.  I went to the glass shop and the guy
looked at everything, cut the old stuff off the window (this had
remained glued all along), put new felt-cork (I don't know why it's
called this because it seems more like a rubber compound) in the
channel, said that it was too loose and should not have to be glued,
doubled up on the cork stuff, got out a big mallet and, wham, wham, put
that window in its place.  The biggest surprise was that he didn't want
me to pay anything for the work (I gave the guy 9 dollars anyway).  So
far, it seems fine.  I wanted to cant the window vis a vis the channel
to make the bend a little more gradual but we didn't do it that time
(Tanner's instructions don't mention this).  Anyway, I now know the
windows fairly well so if anyone has any questions, write away (I know
the air door system too).  KIm