Misc. Ramblings-VIN 1758

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc. Ramblings-VIN 1758
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 02:56:08 EDT
Hey, All...

Just got my car back from Stan Fransen of the Bricklin shop in Chino, CA.
He does EXCELLENT work!  He can even show a car-illiterate person the concept
behind certain things, such as why Bricklins need an assist cylinder.  My
doors work, the only exception being we didnt have the money for the electric
compressor...Kim(symbiotic@hotmail.com), how did your JC Whitney(?) compressor
and insulation work?  I really don't want to spend $300 on a compressor.

My next ventures are as follows:
1:  It's summer. It's hot.  My A/C needs updating.  I can't seem to get my
updated center console installed without pulling the lower portion of the
dash.  My tach needs replacing.  There appears to be a hole in  my plenum.  I
need the updated insulation.  There are few, if any, dash panels available.
The solution: Pull the dash!

I hope to take care of all of these in one setting and replace the seats while
I'm at it.  New carpet will also be added.  Anybody out there who has done
something similar to this project, please let me know about how long it would
take for two people and how much it would cost.

Would it be worth while to make a complete fiberglass replica of all threee
dash panels?  I was thinking I could use it as a basis for a replacement dash
in case someone needs one.  Is there any demand for this type of part?

How about installing a custom fiberglass dash with a digital dash from an '88
Blazer and an A/C controller box from a 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT?  I will keep
the original dash handy in case it needs to got back to stock condition.

Lastly, there is a good size chunk missing from my acrylic/fiberglass door
skin.
can I repair the existing, or will the whole panel have to be replaced?  My
concern is how well the acrylic will stick to the fiberglass.
A photo of the missing chunk is available on request.

Later....
Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758