Re: Misc. Ramblings-VIN 1758

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Misc. Ramblings-VIN 1758
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:16:55 -0400
At 02:56 AM 7/8/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Hey, All...
>
>Just got my car back from Stan Fransen of the Bricklin shop in Chino, CA.
>He does EXCELLENT work!

Riley, that's great to hear.  Both that you got your car back, and the
quality of work the Stan does!!

>My next ventures are as follows:
>1:  It's summer. It's hot.  My A/C needs updating.

There was an article in The Brickline about updating to R134.  Also there
is a mod. to add an aux. fan to help.  Also if you haven't had the mod
to the duct between the heater and AC boxes, I suggest doing that also.
Or if you pull you dash, try to remount the AC box for a better fit.

>There appears to be a hole in  my plenum.

There should be at least 3, but the should be on the outside of the
cockpit.  I assume yours are on the wrong side of the firewall. :)
Again, there was an excellent article in The Brickline about water
proofing your Brick.

>Would it be worth while to make a complete fiberglass replica of all
>three >dash panels?

Don't know, but if you have the time, it probably wouldn't hurt.

>Lastly, there is a good size chunk missing from my acrylic/fiberglass
>door skin.  Can I repair the existing, or will the whole panel have
>to be replaced?  My concern is how well the acrylic will stick to the
>fiberglass.

It can be fixed.  You will need to feather the acrylic into the fiberglass
substrate all around the damaged area.  Then use some Dynaglass body
filler to fill the depression.  Finally you might have to apply a small
amount of regular bondo over the dynaglass to get it smooth.  Also
remember to use a water based primer on the door before painting over
the acrylic.

Good luck with your projects Riley.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V