Door Wiring Question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Wiring Question
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:41:46 EDT
Hey all,
You'll never guess whats going on w/ 1758....
I got my car back from Stan with a working drivers door cause we didnt have
the $$ for the passenger door.  I tried installing my updated center console,
but the front end won't slide underneath where the radio goes.  Theres a metal
peice bolted in place that appears to block it.  I had already undid the
inside switch connections, so I put it back the way it was (i kept track of
which wire goes where).  Now my inside lockout switch gets power, but doesnt
give the air board power.

My wiring goes like this....
Red wire from Battery (+) goes to lockout switch.
Wire goes from switch(is that Pink or Blue?) through the control box to the
drivers switch.
Drivers switch does not work, nor do any of the others.
same deal w/ the solenoids on the air board.
The air board has good ground, but isnt getting power.

I disconnected the wire from the lockout switch(not the red one) and hooked a
wire to the unused connector on the switch.  I use that to open and close the
door by touching it to the wire that goes to whatever solenoid I want.

The wire I beleive is in question appears to have good connections.
A wiring diagram for air doors would be great!  If anybody out there has one
please email a copy to me.

Basically when I have the inside lockout swicth hooked up correctly, the
switch itself gets power through it, but loses it by the time it gets to the
solenoids.

Maybe if someone can explain the "loops" in the wiring, I could fix it.
I would have called Stan, but he had already left for the day.  I must have
done something to cause a bad connection somehwere, cause it worked till i
tried installing the console!  Bummer....

Wish me luck.
Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758