Every install an extra leaf?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Every install an extra leaf?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 22:43:50 PDT
Tanner suggests an extra leaf for 74 4 speeds (maybe for all 74s. I'm
not sure). He said to get one at a junk yard that is 2 1/2 inches wide
and 41 inches long and put it in.  Has anyone done this?  The reason is
cause the new front coil springs that these cars sorely need jack the
front up a bit and the extra leaf levels it out. Let me know if you have
done it and how big of a job it is.

One other question.  Is there a difference between the right and left
headlight covers?  I just bought one and I would swear that it is the
same as the other side -- it appears that they are identical trapezoids.
Thanks, Kim.