Re: Every install an extra leaf?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Every install an extra leaf?
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:57:41 EDT
I haven't done it myself, but I expect it is a pretty big job to add a new
leaf. I once replaced a set of leaf springs on another make of car and had a
heck of a time cutting away the old bolts which were hoplessly rusted. Most
major cities have spring and suspension shops which can add a leaf. Your
average repair shop likely won't touch a job like that.

Another thing I have done on other cars is to add a helper spring. This just
bolts on to the bottom of the leaf springs and is easy to install. You can get
those through most parts stores or from mail order places like J.C. Whitney.

Scott