Re: It's always something...

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It's always something...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:26:48 -0400
At 12:08 PM 7/18/98 -0400, jeff wynn wrote:
>Does anyone know a source for '75 brake pads?  My local NAPA which
>usually comes through, says they are off their books.  They can get one
>side, but cannot get the one with the flange.  They had the grease seals
>and caliper I needed.  Thanks- Jeff Wynn  VIN 2157

Jeff,

   My car has the Kelsy-Hayes calipers, but I think all the 75s use the
same pads.  My info is:

Pads                          EIS    # B582 D-39
                              Bendix # 781A D-39 or # 7081 D-85

Also have him look up any AMC with a V8, from Ambassador to Gremlin.
They used a floating caliper (with 2 pins) from 71-76.

Since George gave you most of the info, the flex line is:

  Flex Brake line               EIS - SP4868 (expensive)

I don't think this is a NAPA part # thought but he should be able to
cross reference it.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V