Re: Yet another door question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yet another door question
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:53:53 PDT
>Try going to a local radio shack and getting some "contact cleaner" or
>"TV tuner cleaner".  This is designed to clean the contacts and then
>evaporate!
>If you can't find any, then use something like brake cleaner or even WD40.
>
>BUT DO NOT USE GRAPHITE!
>
>John

I wouldn't use brake cleaner cause it might attack the plastic nor wd40
cause it turned the white plastic black on mine. I would use a radio shack
product but I would use the one that is a cleaner and a lubricant.  If I
remember right, there are three or more different RS tuner and/or electrical
switch cleaners.  One of them is a lubricant and, because those switches are
exposed to the elements and are mechanical, I suggest the lube one. Kim