Re: power steering fluid

To: Bricklins2048@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: power steering fluid
From: "J F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 05:37:22 +0000
>I heard somewhere that you can use something else for the powersteering
>fluid
>if you run out.  Or that power steering fluid is the same thing as 3 dot
>break fluid.  Something like that. Can someone confirm or denie
>
>Larry

No, no, no, no, no don't use brake fluid.  Automatic transmission fluid and
power steering fluid are similar but just buy some or manhandle the car home
till you can fix the leak and get the fluid. I know of what I speak -- I had
a power steering hose pop on my charger at a show and had to struggle all
the way home after I took the belt off to stop the spraying.  Get an
extinguisher -- that is what saved my show car when the power steering fluid
sprayed on the exhaust manifold and caught on fire! Kim