Re: silicone

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: silicone
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 18:31:38 -0500
Walt and I have been having a conversation about this offline. My personal
opinion is that unless you're going to be using the silicone for the higher
boiling point (i.e. you're racing your car) then stick with Dot 3 or 4. I don't
think it's worth the effort, or the potential for seals swelling and failing
(Silicone fluid causes the seals to swell which can cause calipers and
master cylinders, and slave cylinders to either bind or leak).

Seth