Re: silicone

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: silicone
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:00:54 -0500
Oh yea, I remember when silicone brake fluid 1st came out it was all the
rage, until problems with seals AND fluid stability began to surface.  Now
most avoid it like the plague!

One more note, if you can find DOT 2 brake fluid, its great for swelling up
any dried weather seals.

All brake fluids are absorb moisture, except silicone I think, so its always
a good idea to change every year regardless of use.  This moisture is not
only responsible for the rust, but can make good brakes fade quickly as the
water substantially lowers the boiling points of brake fluids.  This is not
a good thing unless you want to cook with it/

stephan #2821