Re: my bullet points

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my bullet points
From: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:30:49 +0000
-Generally, if you want to control the way a piece of land looks, you buy
it, then do so (that's a freedom idea anyway).  In Calif., (particularly
orange county) there are many a "controlled" neighborhood where you and your
neighbors can be regulated by a committee as to what "looks" ok.  So we have
something for everyone already.

-I agree with someone's comment that the one who pays for it is the
"taxpayer"  ie. you...and wouldn't you prefer to keep more of your salary;
heck, you could buy more land to do as you pls w/it (eg. remove scrap you
don't like)

-Ironically, you take a stock 302 V8 off the street and give initiatives to
buy a new, "more fuel efficient" what?  Ford Expedition V-10 of 15
mpg...hmmm...that's what people are liking now.

-Most special interest cars are looked at by their owners thru rose colored
lenses so fortunately a lot of cars would survive (I've seen 4-door six
cylinder Falcons called collector's items by their owner, ok?) The EPA
allows mfrs to not upgrade their pollution emission equipment if they
buy/scrap a number of old cars that correspond to the pollution of the
factory. There are *some* circumstances where a car is scrapped that
shouldn't have been...this has happened.