887 progress

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: 887 progress
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:41:12 -0500
Hey gang,

  What a great day here in South Eastern VA.  High about 55 to 58.  Managed
to spend about 4 or so hours sanding on 887.  That's about all I've been
doing in my spare time since mid Oct.  So far I've accumulated about 67 hr
on the wrong end of a piece of sandpaper.  Been working on the door jams,
rear quarter panels, rear panel, hood, hood extension, and the pass. ft.
fender.  Still have to drag out the dvr. ft fender and rear deck.

  I got a new HVLP gravity feed spray gun for Xmas.  I'm dying to try it out.
Also spent about $370 on primer and a quart of color for the part of the doors
that aren't covered by the panels.

  That's about all the news from here.  I'm patiently (or impatiently) waiting
for the Jan. issue of The Brickline.

Hope every one had a Merry Xmas, Happy Honica (sp), and hope every one has
a Great New Year!

Unfortunately for me, my command is moving back to the Naval Base, thanks to
the stupid Brack (sp) Commissions.  for the last 13 years, we have been
behind one of the shopping malls, about 6 miles from my house, and going the
oppositie way of all the rush hour traffic.  My department moves the weekend
of Jan. 6th.  This means that I will loose 2 hours a day in commuting.  So
no more home by 4pm.  More like 6.  Boo Hiss!!!!  So there is something else
to cut into the time I have to work on the Brick.