Re: no power to outside door buttons

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no power to outside door buttons
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:52:25 +0000
----Original Message Follows----
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:23:59 +0000

Had the same problem, WD-40 sprayed through the slit near the solenoid
handled it.  Also works on door locks, ignition switches, keyways,
electrical connectors and much more...try it!
====
Just a note here - WD-40 is excellent for freeing up stuff that's seized,
but one of its major components is a solvent that will evaporate off before
long and your squeaks or sticking probs will come back.  Once you've gotten
something freed up and moving nicely, lubricate it with something else.
White grease is good for most parts, graphite or teflon lock-lube is best
for things like ignition switches.

As for electrical connectors - WD-40 really isn't the best solution.
Because it's got a solvent, it can clean them up a bit, but for this, it's
really much better to just use contact cleaner, which is designed for
exactly this purpose.

Take it easy,
--
Phil Martin
"Everywhere I look I see people who suffer