Re:WD-40

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:WD-40
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:45:44 +0000
Phil, you need to do your homework on this one, WD-40 is not only a
penetrant and rust inhibitor, it's an excellent lubricator (check their
home page).  Given enough time any lubricant will require another
application, WD-40 lasts a long time in it's lubricating mode.  WD-40 is
best used on metals, silicone lube is best used on plastic, rubber,
etc.  If you wish to go into it's uses in the electronics world, that
has been my life for some 50 years, that and the many, many cars I've
owned probably qualifies me as a mini WD-40 expert.  Do not agree with
graphite in lock cylinders, would never use it.

Les