RE: Interior Paint

Subject: RE: Interior Paint
From: "John Lodge" <knglionz@cablenet-va.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:40:51 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-bricklin@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-bricklin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Sean Johnson
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 6:12 PM
To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Cc: High Tech Coatings; maycinc@cs.com

 I ran into the same problem last fall.  What I was told was that the
lacquer
 base is no longer available because it had a high volatile organic content
 (VOC) and was banned by the same legislation that outlawed Freon R12.  I
 worked with the local Sherwin Williams automotive paint department to get a
 new formulation made.  Here are the specifics:

 It is the 72 - 76 Ford Medium Ginger Bronze
We had a match test done at the shop as well.  The color that James T. Davis
came up with through the PPG system was Dark Sierra Tan.  This is a very
close match.  We touched up some interior original with it and there was no
perceptival difference between the 2 colors.  This color was determined with
the computer scanner that James T. Davis uses.  I can't remember what we
paid for it by the gallon, but i will try to remember to bring the code they
gave it home with me on Monday.

John L

 F11N 3195 00(Y), code 5J, .66PT, .34 271.

 This was a 1 pint can and it cost about $40 USD.  I don't know that all of
 the codes mean but I've included everything written on the can.

 Good luck!