Re: Battery cables?????

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery cables?????
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:32:03 -0400
At 06:34 PM 5/29/2004 -0700, Jason wrote:

>How is the negative battery cable routed on a Bricklin? I know it
>starts from the battery but where does it stop?  And what is the
>current replacement?

Jason,

I havent' seen an answer to this yet.

On my car, the negative battery cable goes down to the bottom of the battery
box and out one of the large round holes.  Then it goes to the chassis
cross member and bolts to it.  You'll have to jack up the car to see it.

I didn't write down the part number of the cable I purchased.  But you
can pull the one off your car, and take it to any auto parts store and
they can match it up in wire size and length.  It's not very long, but
I don't remember the length.  If you get one, please email me the part
number and I'll add it to the parts list.

>Also, is there a cable that goes from the starter to the chassis?
>Ground cable? If so what is the current replacement?  Looking at the
>bricklin parts manual I think there is.

I just went out and looked at my car, but I can't see the ground cable.
There is one, I know that; but I don't think it's hooked to the starter.
They usually connect from the block to the chassis over/around the motor
mount.  Most of the time it's a braded wire.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229