Re: Battery cables?????

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery cables?????
From: KINGALIONZ11370@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:51:23 EDT
>Also, is there a cable that goes from the starter to the chassis?
>Ground cable? If so what is the current replacement?  Looking at the
>bricklin parts manual I think there is.

On most of the Bricklins that I have worked on in Terry's shop there is a
ground strap that attaches at 1 of the starter mounting bolts that goes over to
the frame.  But this ground strap can be placed anywhere on the block and taken
to anywhere on the frame that you desire to put it. The grounding for the
starter is handled by the mounting of it to the transmission.

As for your problem of your car just clicking when you try to start it.  Try
replacing the starter solenoid.  Personally I have found this to be a very
common problem.

John Lodge