RE: Welding

To: ford_edge01@juno.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Welding
From: "MK F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:41:03 +0000
There is no question in my mind.  This one is the best, though a little more
money, but well worth it:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=177708-1703-K2159-1

>From what I understand, the lowes Lincoln models (pro mig) are the same as
sold by Lincoln welder dealers, but at a lower price.  I have the 125 plus
model.  The plus means that the amperage is infinitely variable.  On some
cheaper models (Lincoln non plus and non pro mig) models the amps are
controlled by a 4 position switch -- that is not a good thing to limit
yourself to 4 ranges.

The 135 easily welds up to 1/4 inch in one pass and can be throttled down to
do body panels.  Gas is the only way to go.  Oh, and it's 110 volt -- nice
and easy to plug in.

As an aside, when you get a welder suddenly you find all kinds of stuff
around the house to use it on.  Heck, I made a big old awning on the side of
my shop with square steel and angle iron -- never would have done it with
bolts.  Made a great frame for a wooden fence --  strong and easy.  Plus, I
use mine for all kinds of metal art stuff.  Kim