Re: Best carb for the AMC 360

To: "David Dal Bianco" <david_dalbianco@yahoo.ca>,
Subject: Re: Best carb for the AMC 360
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:34:49 -0500
David,

I believe the most common replacement is the Edelbrock 1406 600 CFM.  I
believe there is also a common Holley replacement.  Not sure on the model.
I believe the doorstop comment is really related to the technology at the
time.  The newer carbs untilize knowledge learned over the years. Kind of
like year 2000 technology vs. 1970's technology.  Supposedly better
performance and MPG.  I have installed the edelbrock and it is working fine.
I have not really driven except around the neighborhood so I cannot confirm
the MPG claims.  You can get some information from Edelbrock's web site.

Greg 0036