COIL SPRINGS for 74 Bricklin

To: "'Bricklin International'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: COIL SPRINGS for 74 Bricklin
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@localdialup.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:12:08 -0400
Folks,

I'm in the market for a much firmer set of front springs for my Bricklin.
I'd like to set the car's suspension up for rally / gymkhana driving.  Does
anyone know the correct uninstalled spring height (to check for spring sag)
and the actual spring rate (i.e. pounds per inch)?  Has anyone found a good
donor spring from a different vehicle?  I had to modify a spring compressor
to get the damn things out.  AMC uses non-standard spring diameters and
gauges.

PS - I found a crack in the upper 'A' arm of the suspension, near one of the
bushings.  I'm very glad I tore the suspension down completely.  Also, the
installation of a Chevy small block with T5 transmission is coming along
fine.  If anyone would like to see some pictures of either of these items,
please let me know.

Thanks

George Schiro