Why a Bricklin?

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why a Bricklin?
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:35:38 -0700
For me, it's pretty easy, we don't all purchase for the same reasons.

First requirement is that the vehicle be unique, I have no interest in a
late model hot car.  Low production numbers help.  If most people never
heard of it so much the better.  In my little town I'm the sole Bricklin
owner, I have 2 74's a stick and an automatic...I don't happen to like
Ford.

I come to Bricklin from DeLorean, also a unique car but most people have
heard of it due to the publicity surrounding John DeLorean and the movie
Back to the Future.

I had never heard of Bricklin, saw my first one at the all Gull-wing
meet in San Ramon.

I grew up with carburetors, points and condensers and the like, I'm
happy to be back in that arena.

One thing I enjoy is the challenge of driving a truly roadable old car,
the Bricklin is a wonderful roader but always the question of will it
make it to and from where I am headed.  Guys like adventure, in a
Bricklin you get it.

The Bricklins need me and my talents, the DeLoreans pretty much didn't.

Guys like puzzles, guys like challenges, in a Bricklin you get all you
can handle.

Lots of punch to the Bs, the DeLoreans are elegant 6 cylinder cars but
have to shift down a couple of gears to corner, not the Bs.  DeLoreans
do not have power doors or power steering, I like both of those
features.

I dive Bricklins 3 days a week (total of about 100 miles), weather
permitting.  Before the gasoline prices went a bit loony I did 5 days a
week.  I find that if I don't drive every day I'm anxious for the B day
to come around, much more so than if I drove one every day.

There's a pride factor too, once you've mastered the air door system you
tend to believe you're pretty hot stuff, not everyone can handle the
doors.

Great styling, fast, fun, unique!  What else do you need?

Les