Re: Tire Air Pressure Gauges

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Air Pressure Gauges
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:03:27 -0500
The only way to know which one is accurate, is to compare it to a
calibrated gauge. The pencil type are garbage, and your air compressor
gauge isn't designed to be that accurate. A good dial gauge is the best,
but they can get out of calibration. Digital gauges are a good all around
solution, but aren't always accurate either. I've got two myself that read
2 psi different at 30 psi.

At work we use calibrated dial tire gauges before we do any vehicle testing.
The gauges get calibrated yearly, and I've seen some go bad well before they're
due for cal.

Seth