Articles!!!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Articles!!!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 09:33:44 -0500
Now that Fall/Winter is coming to various parts of the country, I know that
many of you are putting your cars to sleep for the winter and plan on doing
some work on them.

When you do, please take your digital camera, pen and paper out to the garage
with you.  Document what you do.  As always I need articles.

What I've been up to lately:

1. I had to pull the steering box out of my Dads '47 TR1800 and have it
rebuilt and orderd new tie rod ends for it.  I wrote a nice 7 page article
on that for publication in England.  Unfortunately, that's not much interest
to the Bricklin community.

2. Had to fix the power windows in a friends '93 Crown Vic.  Got lots of
pictures of that job.  But again, not really an article for The Brickline.

3. Had to trouble shoot my dad's house wiring. He noticed 1 circuit breaker
would not stay set.  It tripped immediately.   Turns out that the original
line to the old dishwasher was a 220v line.  The installer - a young fellow
- didn't apparently know much about electricty or household wiring.  He
connected the wires, white to white, black to black, and then had a red
wire left over.  What the hell, wire's wire - right?  So he connected the
other leg of 220V to ground.  That took my buddy and I about 4 1/2 hours
to find and figure out.  Unfortunately, again not a good article for The
Brickline.

One of these days, I'll get back to working on my car.

So come on fellows, I need articles (unless you want to read about the last
3 projects).  Tell us about the problems you had the last time you took your
car out.  The last project you started and wished you hadn't.  Tell us what
you did fix and how.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ        email:  jblair1948@cox.net
1133 Chatmoss Dr.            eBay id: zebra48-1
Va. Beach, Va                Phone:  (757) 495-8229

Bricklin International VP Publications
Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1 (#887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III