Re: Update so far

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update so far
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:06:38 -0400
At 08:28 PM 10/16/2007 -0500, Greg Schroeder wrote:

>   Just trying for one reply with the people that made  suggestions.
>  My leave the plugs out overnight  to help with the evaporation. Engine
>had been starting easily and running great  up until the other day.   I
>still have to check out issues with the battery  drain/charging and my
>concern of the broken wire which cannot seem to find where  it came from.
>    I had made a lot of progress and put off my  drivers door rebuild until
>after this so I could make it this year and then this  issue.

Greg,

Leaving the plugs out over night should cure the problem.  But you can also
clear a flooding by pressing the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor
and hold it there.  Then crank the engine for a about 10 seconds.  Then let
is sit for another 5 seconds.  Then crank angain for 10 seconds, cool for
5 seconds.  All the time don't let the accelerator pedal off the floor.
This will open the throat of the carb. all the way so the engine gets tons
of air while cranking.  This will force the excess fuel out the exhaust.

Usually sometime during this it will sputter and try to start.  At that
point you've usually gotten all the excess fuel out.

Also unless you are really stepping on the accelerator pedal everytime you
touched the key, it shouldn't be flooded.  The carb won't dump much fuel
into the engine.  That's why, we step on the accelerator pedal, to set the
choke and give the engine a shot of fuel or two from the accelerator
pump.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229