Re: Engine will not start.

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine will not start.
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:24:50 -0400
since yours is 74 open the distributor cap and check the internal wires, if
one of the little wires rubs thru to ground you will get no spark. Once you
have the cap off rotate the engine until the points are closed, take the coil
wire from the cap,(still attached to the coil) and hold it near a metal
object, turn the key on, carefully open and close the points manually, there
should be spark at the end of the coil wire, If not remove the -ve wire from
the coil (from distributor to coil), make a short jumper and ground the -ve
terminal of the coil.  turn on the key, hold the coil wire near a ground and
touch the remove the jumper wire, If you get spark you have a short  or open
someplace between the points and coil or the condenser is  bad. If no spark
and you have 12 V at the +ve terminal of the coil the coil is bad.