[Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 11:07:39 -0500
Hey gang,

I should know the answer to this but I'm coming up blank.  I've tried
searching the forums and can't get that to work so I'm dropping back
to old school.

Anyway, I'm looking for info on the 74 starter solenoids.  I've been told that
they use a switched ground instead of a switched +12V to trigger them.  Is
this correct?

Any body have a good part number?  I've just spent over an hour looking
through the various parts suppliers, RockAuto, AutoZone, O'Reily's,
etc. trying to find the solenoids.  Unfortunately, most show the same
solenoids.

So anybody with a 74 that has changed their solenoid?  If so do you
have a manufacturer and part no. for what you used?  Am I correct,
that the 74's
use a switched ground to trigger the solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive