Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>, Pugs2 <pugsracer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid
From: Paul Coady <cchpgc@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 21:45:54 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Bricklin@autox.team.net
 If he has the AMC 360 it won't be a Ford solnoid.

    On Thursday, November 8, 2018, 1:12:27 PM MST, Pugs2
<pugsracer@comcast.net> wrote:

 John not sure what u mean by switched but it is just the Std ford sol that
Ford used for years. If I go home later I can get u a part number #756

Pugs Pivirotto

> On Nov 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:
>
> Hey gang,
>
> I should know the answer to this but I'm coming up blank.B  I've tried
searching the forums and can't get that to work so I'm dropping back to old
school.

> Anyway, I'm looking for info on the 74 starter solenoids.B  I've been told
that
> they use a switched ground instead of a switched +12V to trigger them.B  Is
> this correct?
>
> Any body have a good part number?B  I've just spent over an hour looking
> through the various parts suppliers, RockAuto, AutoZone, O'Reily's, etc.
trying to find the solenoids.B  Unfortunately, most show the same solenoids.

> So anybody with a 74 that has changed their solenoid?B  If so do you have a
manufacturer and part no. for what you used?B  Am I correct, that the 74's