Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid

To: Pugs2 <pugsracer@comcast.net>, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid
From: bricklin0095 <bricklin0095@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 21:35:06 -0500
Cc: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Savedfromemail: bricklin0095@aol.com
John, the solenoid that was used on all bricklins was the standard ford
solenoid.Amc used a special version of this that had an extra spade connector
that allowed the neutral safety swich to provide the ground path that allowed
the solenoid to work.B The normal , including bricklin solenoid grounded
through the mounting bolts to the fender.B Hope this helps.Sent from my Galaxy
Tab A
-------- Original message --------From: Pugs2 <pugsracer@comcast.net> Date:
11/8/18  1:51 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net> Cc:
Bricklin@autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid John not
sure what u mean by switched but it is just the Std ford sol thatFord used for
years. If I go home later I can get u a part number #756Pugs Pivirotto> On Nov
8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:>> Hey gang,>> I
should know the answer to this but I'm coming up blank.B  I've triedsearching
the forums and can't get that to work so I'm dropping back to oldschool.>>
Anyway, I'm looking for info on the 74 starter solenoids.B  I've been toldthat>
they use a switched ground instead of a switched +12V to trigger them.B  Is>
this correct?>> Any body have a good part number?B  I've just spent over an
hour looking> through the various parts suppliers, RockAuto, AutoZone,
O'Reily's, etc.trying to find the solenoids.B  Unfortunately, most show the
same solenoids.>> So anybody with a 74 that has changed their solenoid?B  If so
do you have amanufacturer and part no. for what you used?B  Am I correct, that
the 74's> use a switched ground to trigger the solenoid?>> Any help would be
greatly appreciated.>> John>>>> John T. BlairB  WA4OHZB B B B  email:B
jblair1948@cox.net> Va. Beach, VaB B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  Phone:B
(757) 495-8229>>B B B B B B B B B  48 TR1800B B B  48 #4 MidgetB B B  65 Morgan
4/4 Series V (B1106)>B B B B  75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)B B B  77 SpitfireB B B
71 Saab Sonett III>B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  65 Rambler
Classic>> Morgan:B B B  www.team.net/morgan> Bricklin:B B B B
www.bricklin.org>> If you can read thisB B B B B B B B B B B B  - Thank a
teacher!> If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!>> From Dennis Prager
- The American Trilogy:>B B B B  e pluribus Unum, "from many, one.">B B B B  In
God We Trust>B B B B  Liberty - theB  powerB  ofB  choosing,B  thinking,B  andB
 actingB  for>B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  oneself; freedomB  fromB
controlB  orB  restriction>>>>> ---> This email has been checked for viruses by
Avast antivirus software.> https://www.avast.com/antivirus>