Re: carpet

To: british-cars@ALLIANT.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: carpet
From: oneway@athena.mit.edu <mit-eddie!ATHENA.MIT.EDU!oneway@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 89 10:53:42 EST
Carpet dye can be purchased inexpensively at most chain auto parts
stores.  I have used it before on carpeting for a non-british car.
It comes in spray cans and is pretty easy to use.  I suggest you start
on a hidden piece of carpeting -- it takes a little bit of practice to
apply just right.  It seems to work pretty well, but will not look
quite as nice as a brand-spanking new carpet.  (It is also important to
have the carpet CLEAN before applying -- faded, as opposed to dirty,
carpet would be the best time to use this stuff.)  However, a can
only costs a few simoleons and if you don't like the way it comes out,
you're only out a few dollars because you needed to buy new carpet
anyway.

Good luck

Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: oneway@athena.mit.edu
60 Wadsworth St., Apt 6F    | UUCP: ...!uunet!athena.mit.edu!oneway
Cambridge, MA 02142         | (617) 225-2249    (anytime)