Land Rovers

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Land Rovers
From: mit-eddie!uvaee.ee.Virginia.EDU!dws2j@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (David Will Sterrett)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 89 10:35:17 EST

This fall I took the engine rebuilding class at a local community college and
rebuilt my 69 TR6 engine. Just got the engine back in and started
(sounds great!!) but am wondering what the most reasonable way to break this
puppy in is. My instructor who seems competent and has worked on Triumphs
in the past says "Take that baby out and run it hard. Lug the sh*t out of it
up a few mountains and seat those rings." Anybody have any opinions on
1) the best way to break an engine in ,and 2) what the critical issues in engine
breakin are.

David Sterrett
dws2j@virginia.edu