re: Land Rovers

To: "bellcore!iuvax!gatech!mit-eddie!alliant!british-cars"@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: re: Land Rovers
From: mit-eddie!gatech!iuvax!bellcore!pyuxe!whs70@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 29 Dec 1989 9:40 EST
>Date: Thu, 21 Dec 89 18:34:22 -0500
>
>       After making some inquiries, a couple voices from rec.autos
>directed me to this list, which our host Jim, informs me I have now
>joined.
>       I recently acquired a '69 Series IIa Land Rover (my first british
>car and first 4wd vehicle).  At present, it has no 'special' features
>(overdrive, winch, bull-bar).  With some 54,000 miles, is is in rather good
>shape, though in need of routine maintence, and just a bit of welding.
>
>       The question of the day is:
>       Is anyone familliar wwith replacing the Lucas Generator with
>       an Altenator ?   One fellow infomred me that some GM altenators
>       with minor alterations, will fiit in place of the 'dynamo'...
>       The largest concern which I have for the vehicle now is a
>       (This particular Rover is already 'negative earth'.)
>       Thanks.
>       --bill
>       caloccia%lectroid.uucp@uunet.uu.net
>       ...!uunet!lectroid!caloccia

A good source for Rover info (Rover, Land-Rover, Range-Rover) is:

Rover Owner's & Vehicle Enthusiasts Registry
PO Box 45
Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920

The individual behind this club is Charlie Woodruff.  I am forwarding
a copy of this message to him, but you'd be wise to drop him a letter
yourself, as you did not include a mailing address with your posting.
Bill Sohl