Re: thermostats

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: thermostats
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 89 14:11:11 PST
Sarah is a '67 TR4A...

Of course, there's a downside to the engine running at the proper
temperature (there's always a downside, right?):

First, there's a lot of run on, and some pinking. No doubt I need to
retune, not a big deal.

Second, and more importantly, this exacerbates my oil pressure
problems. I've always seen somewhat low pressure (factory says 60-65
psi, warm at 2000 rpm, I get 45-50), and after a stretch of fast
highway driving, the pressure drops more, but seems to recover after
cooling down. Now I get to figure out what the problem is -- I'm really
not ready to take on a rebuild!

chris