I almost forgot,

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: I almost forgot,
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen esq)
Date: Thu Feb 8 21:50:30 1990
  one of the neatest things about my Austin Aspargus was the speedometer,
It was a bar indicator, like a thermometer on it's side.
  One amusing story about it,  my Sr. year of high school, I left early
3 days a week to take a course at the local University.  One day a friend
who had never seen my car before, saw me pulling out of the parking lot.
While we were chatting, he razzed me about lighting up the tires and the like,
implying of course that my car didn't have the huevos to do so.
  Being the adolescent male that I was, when he turned away I felt obligated
to rev the engine, pop the clutch and smoke the tires.  I was greatly amused
by watching in the mirror as his spun around and his jaw dropped about 3 inches.
  A couple of days later we saw each other again and the conversation went
something like:
  "Larry I couldn't believe it, the other day I was walking away and I heard
your car lighting them up.  But I looked at the rear tires and they were
just sitting there."
  "Carl, it's front wheel drive."
  "Oh"