Re: I almost forgot,

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: I almost forgot,
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 9 Feb 90 09:29 -0800
>>   one of the neatest things about my Austin Aspargus was the speedometer,
>> It was a bar indicator, like a thermometer on it's side.

>As I remember, the end of the bar indicator was slanted at about 45
>degrees, so that the "end" really spanned several MPH on the
>speedometer.  I never knew which reading to believe...
>
>- Ralph

My fathers '67 Volvo had the same type of speedometer.  The top
edge showed a faster speed than the bottom edge.  He thought that
the top edge (i.e., the higher reading) was the correct reading.
But, then again, Volvo drivers usually aren't the speeding type
(at least, not the four Volvo drivers in my family :-)  ).

       Later...
        Larry Schwarcz
        HP Cupertino, CA
        lrs@hpindwa.hp.com