Re: I almost forgot,

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: I almost forgot,
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 90 16:30:47 CDT

>      one of the neatest things about my Austin Aspargus was the speedometer,
>    It was a bar indicator, like a thermometer on it's side.
>
> As I remember, the end of the bar indicator was slanted at about 45
> degrees, so that the "end" really spanned several MPH on the
> speedometer.  I never knew which reading to believe...
>
> - Ralph
Of course it was.  The "bar" is really a horizontal cylinder behind
the slot in the gage face.  My dad's 1957 Pontiac Star Chief Safari
had one like that.  The cylinder is painted two different colors, the
dividing line being a helix which makes just one revolution.
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov

--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324