Re: Terry Davey trivia

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Terry Davey trivia
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 90 13:30:05 CDT

> We have all seen the Terry Davey cutaway drawings on the Haynes
> manuals.  Maybe everyone else has seen this error, too, lets find out.
> On the Haynes manual for the Spridgets (including the 1500)  there is
> a cutaway  drawing of the 1275 round-arch Midget which is shown at the
> same angle in the photograph inside, sans pretty girl on the cover.
> There is a fundamental mechanical error in the drawing.  What is it?
> E-mail me the answer.  I will keep a list of who to give credit for
> the right answer and publish it, if you like.  When we get enough of
> them, we'll tell what is wrong with the picture.  I can hardly wait
> for people to point out stuff I have not seen.  I don't know what to
> expect here, whether everybody else already knows this or nobady knows
> what I'm talking about.  I'm not trying to replace rec.games.trivia, I
> just thought this would be fun.   phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
> --
> Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
> Phone: 298-5324

Either this is more difficult than I thought, none of you are familiar
with the natural history of Spridgets :-) or the Haynes manuals are
not as common as I supposed.  A hint: all the parts are right, but no
Spridget ever left the factory this way.  If you have never seen, or
can't lay hands on, this Haynes manual, send me your US Mail address
and I will send you a photocopy of the cover.  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
or 672 Orleans Street / Saint Paul, MN  55107