Re: carbon canisters

To: alliant!Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: carbon canisters
From: sgi!chromavac.csd.sgi.com!miq@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 90 09:31:57 PST
Well I don't have much experience with charcoal canisters, but I do know that
you can clean charcoal by placing it in a baking sheet and heating it to about
250 F.  Do this for about 2 hours or so and the pores in the charcoal will be
cleaned of gunk.  Of course this is for charcoal used in fish aquariums, and
I don't think it would be a good idea to put charcoal used in a fuel system
in an oven (unless you're partial to loud noises).  Perhaps if you flushed it
with kerosine (which is water soluble) and then water, it might be save for the
over treatment.  Personally I would just try to replace the charcoal inside the
cannister instead of putting the whole thing in the over.

Just my half baked ideas.....(bad pun! bad pun! go sit in the corner!)
--
"What is the greatest joy?"
        "The joy of duty!"