TR6 parts, Eastern Meet

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: TR6 parts, Eastern Meet
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 90 20:45:26 EST
Also, charcoal canisters- you could probably refill with fish-tank charcoal.

I gave the TR6 a look over this afternoon. It's definitly a parts car only.
most of the body is rotted out. The frame, boot lid, and bonnet look good.
Top and interior are SHOT. Dash is peeling to pieces. Bumpers
have rust and dents. (outside rear bumpers are good) The Redlines aren't
bad- 2 are almost new looking. Wheels are good. 2 Trimrings are good.
Bushings in the front end are all shot. (odo says 68860)
        But it is mostly complete. Glass is good. Guages are complete, and
look OK. Switches-mayby. The engine, the main target, had some level of
recent rebuild- it looks good. (I haven't the the work receipts yet.)
New alternator. Sound radiator, w/antifreeze. I'm 95% sure it's an
overdrive transmission. (ta-da!) Ed. D. will get first crack at the
engine and ancillaries, if(?) I pick it up. I think I can probably
get it running without too much grief. The drivers window would
go to my friend up the road...
        Oh, yea- it's a Nov. 72 car- therefore it's a 73 model year.
(CF series)
The floor is open for bids. Who needs an O.D. for their 6?

        From: jshoe@mlb.semi.harris.com (Jeff M. Shoemaker)
>In particular I am looking for a spare set of carbs (while i rebuild mine)

they will probably go with the engine. (look clean)

>and interior stuff ( dash support bracket , gauges maybe, ...)
>also vaccuum canister , etc ..
>can you make a list of the "good" stuff

if I buy it, which depends on what I can gather in pledges...

>From: Larry Gillam <mit-eddie!hpfcpq.fc.hp.com!gillam@GARP.MIT.EDU>
                        1) Center section of rear bumper. Condition?
Bent and Rusted. sorry.

On the subject of an East Coast meet- well, I'm still trying to get a
real car on the road! But Mini Mania has 2" main, reground and polished
cranks in this months flyer! I think they have a customer! This weekend
I have to go to an auction, then come home and finish the lights, and
move into the shop! Then, I can order my Miq, no thats Mig ( :-) )
welder, a parts washing tank, and a crank shaft. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
:-) :-) :-) :-o ;-) 8-)

We are considering Riches Rallie in (April?) in the Albany Area. But that
would probably involve driving the Civic Si. Also- I am willing to play host
to folks if they want to come to the Vintage Race weekend
@ Watkins Glen in September. (9th or so?)  Then, the Finger Lakes TRIUMPH
club is planning a spring and a fall event. Last fall, they had one the
week after Watkins, Gymkana, showing, and rally. Hey- we could make a week
of it!
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | The All New:
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!